Posts in category ‘FastCGI’.
Updated 28/12/07, 17:00
In order to show that all the time I had spend on this system wasn't wasted I had run a simple benchmark tests on following setup:
- Hardware: AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 64 bit, 1GB RAM.
- OS: Debian Etch 64 bit.
- Web server: Lighttpd 1.4.13
- CMS: This blog software, configured with 5 working threads.
- Data base of 85MB: 5,000 articles with 10 comments to each one.
- 100Mbit network cards
- Edimax $75 home router
- Hardware: Dell Latitude C400, PIII 750MHz, 256MB RAM
- OS: Debian Etch 32 bit
When I started working on this project, many were (and still are) extremely skeptical about its future. Many questions were asked, like: "Are you masochist? Who you think will ever use it? The hardware is cheap, we do not need such things!" etc.
In this post I'll explain my point of view and I'll show why "C++ Web Development Framework" is more then just "yet another crazy idea of another geek"more...