Posts in category ‘Storage’.
This is an important bugfix release.
It is recommended for all users to upgrade to latest version:
Critical Bugs fixed:
- Fixed bug #3536452:
cppdb::transaction::~transaction()could leak an exception
busy_timeoutoption was not working for sqlite3 backend
- Fixed incorrect use of
SQLITE_STATICthat could cause crash
Full Changelog: http://cppcms.com/sql/cppdb_0.3.1/changelog.html
- Added session specific storage for custom data
- Added support of one time initialization
- Added version number API
- Added an option to clear the connections pool
- Added busy_timeout option to sqlite3 backend.
Changed library version format to Major.Minor.Patch
Majoris updated when the library breaks its ABI or API, should not happen often.
Minoris updated when new features or new API is introduced, The library remains fully backward compatible
Patch- maintenance bug fix release, no changes in public API.
- Fixed bug #3451653 - disconnected connections are recycled to the pool
- Fixed issue #3439445 - build problem on some distributions
CppDB 0.0.4 Released
This release mostly includes multiple bug fixes and few new features:
- Added an option to provide default value when the value is NULL in
result::get()instead of throwing an exception. Thanks to Krzysztof Wrzalik.
- Switched to using ODBC as internal backend by default due to multiple issues with dynamic unloading of ODBC backend. Now if you want to use it dynamically you must sed the build option
- Build issue of PostgreSQL with MSVC compiler.
- Various fixes for FreeBSD, Solaris and Darwin
- Fixed bug #3317277: a exception is not thrown when connection to PostgreSQL server could not be established.
- Fixed bug #3439445: added search path to PostgreSQL headers for some Linux distributions.
The release is fully backward compatible (API and ABI) with previous release.
I had decided to change the license of CppDB (the SQL Connectivity Library) to permissive one.
I actually would like to release it under BSL only, but unfortunately the MySQL connector does not have a GPL exception for this license - so if you use GPL MySQL connector with CppDB you should follow the MIT license terms.
This was the step I had planned to do from the beginning as it would bring more potential users for this specific part of CppCMS project and as it would probably allow it being integrated to the Boost project in future.
Due to license change CppDB 0.0.3 was released that has exactly the same code as CppDB 0.0.2 but has BSL/MIT license instead of LGPLv3.
Of course the CppCMS itself remains licensed under LGPLv3 and this is not going to be changed.
- Performance optimizations in connection opening when using pool.
- Added advanced MySQL options support, patch from Krzysztof (kyku)
- Fixed crash on process shutdown when connections pool is used. The crash was caused by incorrect order of unloading the driver and closing shared object.
- Added missing copy constructor.
- Fixed error reporting in PostgreSQL backend when statement preparation fails.